Mycoplasma Detection kit
A Chromogenic Test for the rapid detection of Mycoplasma agalactiae and Mycoplasma bovis in veterinary diseases
Mycoplasma agalactiae and Mycoplasma bovis are closely related. M. agalactiae is the primary etiological agent of contagious agalactiae in sheep and goats. M. bovis is a frequently occurring bovine pathogen associated with mastitis, genital and ocular lesions and in calves and young cattle, pneumonia and arthritis.
This is a qualitative test involving PPR substrate giving a rapid color change directly on the culture media to detect the presence of Mycoplasma. Mycoplasma Test Reagent has been developed for the rapid identification of M. agalactiae and M. bovis from cattle and sheep. PPR Mycoplasma Detection Kit is one of the simplest and cheapest detection methods available today.
- Very Fast: Detection time within 30-60 minutes
- Easy: Extremely simple test and takes just a single step. Assay procedures performed at room temperature.
- High Specificity: Test is highly specific for the detection of Mycoplasma agalactiae and Mycoplasma bovis in 1 hour. M. verecundum appears diffused red in 3 hours
- Versatility: Suitable for all Mycoplasma agar media
Time taken: 30 to 60 minutes
Sample requirement: Mycoplasma grown on any suitable media, methanol
Contains: PPR Rapichrome™ Mycoplasma reagent (to be reconstituted in Ringer’s HEPES buffer) sufficient to test 25 or 50 agar plates.
1. PPR Rapichrome™ Mycoplasma test reagent, freeze dried x 5 vials (1103A) or 10 vial (1103B)
2. Ringer’s HEPES buffer 5 mL (1103A) or 10 mL (1103B) (Methanol not provided)
3. Instruction sheet included
Mycoplasma verecundum (in 3 hours)
Figure 1. Mycoplasma assay procedures
Figure 2. Image of Mycoplasma species after the addition of the PPR Mycoplasma detection reagent
Mycoplasma detection kit (25 tests)
Mycoplasma detection kit (50 tests)
* Contains sufficient reagent to test A) 25 or B) 50 agar plates.
Please contact us for ordering information on any of these products, for general enquiries, and if you wish to pay using PayPal.